The requirements are :
- groom must be 21 years of age, and bride 18 years
- should be single
At this time you will pick a date after 30, but within 90 days. You must also give :
- 3 copies of passport (for wife) or other form of ID for husband (voter ID, etc, if passport is not available)
- 3 copies of husband's address proof
- No objection certificate / proof of singleness which can be procured from your Embassy or before coming to India, provided your country will provide one with you. If your Embassy can not provide you with one, it is acceptable to get a letter drafted by a lawyer, with appropriate actions to make it notarized. Also, if you are a divorcee, your divorce papers will suffice in this area.
- Also, if you are baby-faced or really young, proof of age may be asked for.
Now its time to celebrate!
It is also possible for the registrar to come to your marriage venue, which would have cost us around Rs 1000.
Then a month later you pick up your marriage certificate!