Wednesday, March 06, 2013

"Madam, Madam"

One day I went out with a friend and she wanted to buy a towel, so I took her to the place I normally buy mine from (also recommended by MIL).

While we were walking to the place we were crossing one of the roadside stores that sells sheets, pillow covers, and bed covers. All of a sudden I hear "Madam, madam, come here. Pillow covers, bed sheets..." I know they are talking to me because they normally talk in bengali and they only ever talk in English to me (this is a normal thing...) so I ignore them.

We are walking back the same way when the same thing happens...all of a sudden I got very annoyed and turned back and said "Jodi dorkar chillo aami aapnake boltam" (If I had needed them I would have told you) and walked on.

Needless to say, I probably shocked my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Father in law...Final Day

FIL has passed away. He had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer before the Durga Puja holidays and we then pursued another opinion befo...