Wednesday, August 24, 2011

15th August 2011 (Monday)


Yesterday and today I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. DH and I are leaving in 2 days (16th) for a work trip for 5 days, which also just happens to include a day off where we will go to Bishnupur and see some of the terra cotta temples and Jhapan. This is the whole reason I'm going on the trip, and I can't wait to actually get going!!

Yesterday I spent the day at New Market buying leggings and other odds and ends. I was running to numerous pharmacies to find Zeoline, a chemical that will purify water in 5 minutes. I went to one pharmacy on my way to South City Mall, and after asking “zeoline achhe?” (Do you have Zeoline?) and “Regular Eno achhe?” (Do you have regular Eno?) I am paying for the Eno, and the guy looks and me and with a serious face asked me, “Are you a foreigner?” I kept a straight face and said, Yes, and went on my way.

I was laughing about that for some time and it keeps me entertained. :-) Tomorrow we travel! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Father in law...Final Day

FIL has passed away. He had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer before the Durga Puja holidays and we then pursued another opinion befo...