Sunday, November 25, 2018

330am Ramblings

I'm sitting here taking my shift with FIL so that SIL and MIL can sleep. It's nearly 330am and we feel that we can't leave him alone after he fell yesterday morning while trying to go to the bathroom. I'm filled with plenty of emotion as I sit here keeping an eye on him from the front table. I know that one day soon when I look down at his room it will be empty, but sooner than I ever expected. It's a surreal thing to be watching someone that you loved going down this path.

The worst part is that we can't do anything for him...all we can do is take care of him the best that we can. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I know that we will manage until we decide what will be the best for him overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Father in law...Final Day

FIL has passed away. He had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer before the Durga Puja holidays and we then pursued another opinion befo...